What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Warrior

This is just an excuse for a close-up soldier photo. Seeing the warriors was my first encounter with large-scale Chinese tourism: a lot of people and a lot of tour groups. The census reports don't lie. There are a lot of people here. In the streets I don't really notice, but tourist attractions and buses are definitely more crowded than I'm used to, even in India. It seems especially weird because everything is nice here-the roads are paved, there are stoplights, the buses sometimes have air conditioning-but the masses shatter the idea of order I would expect.

In unrelated news, they checked our tickets three times in order to enter the space, and I had to pull out a fake student ID card at some of the checkpoints (I bought a student fee using K's legitimate student ID card). Chinese security also failed to confiscate C's pocket knife even though we had to put our bags through screener. I love beating the communists.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment