What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This is not about India.

Except for the part where I ran out of rupees on my phone. And then had to borrow Nellie's phone. That's India.

It's about my roommate. My real roommate, the only person I have ever lived with and will ever live with on my own college campus.

When Bex and I lived in Phitown freshman year, we had to leave our door unlocked because she lost her key so often. She flipped her sleeping schedule and actually became nocturnal; Bex stayed up all night, went to 8 am class and then passed out afterwards until dinner. Inviting her to any meal added at least ten minutes to event, as she would have to search for her id card in the mess of things on her side of the room. She created a pile next to her bed of all the stuff she needed- clothes, shoes, computer-so that she never had to leave her comforter, and learned Morse code so she could talk to our neighbors through the walls. When we went home for winter break, she forgot to turn off her alarm clock, and it blared at seven in the morning for a week until the basketball players who lived next door broke in and shut it off. She left food in our fridge forever, and started leaving her key in the bathroom on nights we would go out so she didn't forget where it was. She would order Dominos at two in the morning, and I would wake up to the smell of msg and empty boxes of cheesy bread. She didn't have a password for her computer, so all of our friends hacked in to her email and facebook and tormented her. And she made me look neat, which is quite a feat. Can't you tell why I live with her?

Anyway, while I wasn't watching, Bex grew up and got chosen to be an RA. And I am so excited.

Many more congratulations are in order. Jenny, Turtles, mftdcp, Tay, Yesk (holding down our roots! Can't wait to terrorize the freshmen), young GZ- king of the wholf, for real!, Melia, Marky Mark -you all rock. Congratulations and you are awesome.

Bexy, I am so proud of you, and so happy to be living with you for my whole college career, and also half of campus heard me freak out this morning when you told me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment