What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Monday, February 21, 2011

What we do for fun

Anna, Hong Kong, Julia and I went on this great walk that allowed us to see sweeping views of the towns and fields below. Julia and I took Liz on the hike on Saturday morning, and then decided to fight our way down to the river. We made it through lots of briars and mud and Liz got the back of her sweats really dirty. This is significant because Liz did a great job packing and only has three pairs of pants and five shirts.

Once we got down to the river we went rock hopping, which is awesome. Surprisingly, we saw a cow carcass by the river. It had no meat left on it and probably fed a lot of the stray dogs around. We only saw three legs and are still wondering what happened to the fourth.

We made friends with an american named Sam. This allowed me to catch up on Glee, because he downloads them onto his computer. I love this season so far, and am stoked to be able to watch here.

I started reading midnight's children, a book about the formation of india intertwined with the story of a family. I really like it and recommend it because it depicts the feeling of the country really well.

Ed made the Karmapa a mix cd (one of my favorite parts of meeting the Karmapa was Ed handing him the disc with the Kata and whispering "it's a mix cd!" The Karmapa kind of looked at it and handed it to one of his aides. Apparently he listens to rap music, though, so maybe he'll like it) and gave me some of the music from his extensive library.

The difference between the US and here is that internet is really hard to come by, so people read and dye their hair and listen to music and don't spend a lot of time on facebook or even watching movies. We watched a movie tonight and I was fascinated, more fascinated than I remember being by a movie in a long time. I wonder if that's from lack of exposure to tv or because 500 days of summer is really that good.

I enjoy doing different things with my time, but it is really difficult to be connected to the world and know what's going on without any form of news or information. I have a lot more to say about this but it is bedtime.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment