What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bright spots

Today has actually sucked: my water's been turned off so I couldn't do all my smelly laundry from the trip, Australia Post jacked up their postcard prices on me, and a whole host of other things happened. However, there was a huge bright spot in my day... it's the sun! Yesterday rained but today it's bright and sunny.

Just kidding. I mean, it is sunny, but that wasn't the bright spot today. It came in my mailbox.

I absolutely love the mail and it sometimes going to the mailbox is my favorite part of my day. Today was special because it marked the first mail I received in Australia.*

Check out this sweet stamp? How much does one of these cost?
And it was even better because I got not one but two envelopes, and one had a special bookmark in it!

Hello adorable thing. Come play with my books.
 So thanks!



* Disclaimer: This is the first mail I've gotten at my own address here, not the first mail that has been sent over and that I've felt in my hands. But there's a big difference when someone else gets the joy of opening up the box to see the letter.

1 comment:

  1. The US stamp costs $1.10 for any mail up to one ounce. Same price for a postcard. However, your reaction to getting and opening mail is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete