What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Desk views

I've finally been home long enough that I've set up and organized my desk, and it's no longer a mess of cords and filled up by my printer. It still has a few too many cords and stuff, but I don't have a good way yet to get rid of them. I also don't really have a good filing system because the desk doesn't have any drawers. It was free, though, so that's a major plus and kind of outweighs the fact that I lack drawers.

Drumroll please.





On the left you can just see the head of my bed, next to my pile of travel books and my kindle, because I'm always reading something before I fall asleep. 

Over by my lamp are various photos, my keys, and a pile of "to hang" postcards (my walls are completely bare right now except for that one postit in the top righthand corner of the picture. It's a sad day. I am planning on buying some gummy stuff to stick the postcards to the walls this weekend). I've got a few photos and cards by the lamp too, as well as my loose change bowl, which my roommate affectionately calls my "tips jar." 

The next pile of papers is my to do list. A lot of that stuff needs to be filed but without the drawers I haven't figured out where to stick it yet. No desk would be complete without whiskey and Tasmania spirits, so they hang out with all my designated fidgeting items: tennis ball, silly putty, slinky, lighter, and poker chips. 

My laptop is currently propped up on more travel books and a thank you note box, but I might eventually graduate to getting a real desk elevator. Behind the laptop I keep all my pens, postits, index cards, and general desk supplies. My camera and ipod sometimes hang out there too.

The desk is completed by dancing speakers, Medco (TM) bottle, and piles of stuff to write mail on (top) and to put stamps on (bottom). The rectangular white and black thing on the top right corner of the desk is the internet dongle that I recharge with cell phone credit, and helps me bring you the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment