What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Monday, May 30, 2011

Construction

China is crazy, part two: This post brought to you by China Construction Bank, the one place Bank of America partners with so I can retrieve money sans atm fees! I can't believe they have no partner banks in India. Alright, I'm ending my bitterness.

On my first day in China, we went to a store to pick up a dress Kathryn had tailored. She got it refitted and was told to come back today.

We came back today, and this is what the storefront looked like. (If the picture didn't load, it's because my phone is acting funky, but imagine the inside of a store looking like a construction site, with exposed wires and wooden planks and men sawing and hammering everywhere.)

Two days ago, dresses and fabric filled the whole place, and today it was covered in sawdust. Apparently it will be finished in four days! Then they can move the inventory back. That is the quickest construction I've ever heard about, anywhere.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment