What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ni Hao

Mom and I had a great trip. It was an adventure filled with lots of highlights and not much time for blogging. She's now on her way home, and I am officially in the "beyond" part of the trip.

I landed in China about an hour ago, cleared customs, and am standing in another security line. So far Chinese airports are like all other airports except for the fact that everyone speaks Chinese. My flight from Delhi was one of the weirdest flights I've ever taken, since it was mostly Indian businessmen who switched their sim cards upon landing. I think there were eight other women on the flight. One of them was blond, though! And there were a lot more blond people at customs than I've seen all over India.

Hopefully I make my next flight, given that I can't find my gate on the board, but I'm sure it will work out. Highlights so far: being stamped in and having the lady in the bathroom say Ni hao to me. That is the only word in Chinese that I know. This should be fun!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment: