What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My family is seriously nerdy

My parents took me and my brother out to dinner tonight to celebrate (?) my impending departure. We went to The Charthouse, a restaurant on the Hudson that overlooks the New York skyline. We sat at a table right across from the Empire State Building (which was lit up green and white to wish the Jets good luck - gross).
I sat facing midtown

The view was absolutely gorgeous and it seems fitting to have my last real dinner while staring at New York. We also pretended it exceedingly fancy and got dressed in business casual, which allowed me to transition smoothly from DC to NJ to India (clearly needs a two letter abbreviation).

The food was really good too:




During dinner, my parents presented me with a going away card, since Hallmark now makes these. Both my mother and my father quoted Star Trek in their notes to me. They did not allow my brother in on the fun beforehand, so he stole the card, flipped it, and wrote "I have no Star Trek analogy to give you, so here's a Toy Story one: To India, and beyond!"

My brother is super witty. And thus named my blog.

The pile of clothing below is now entirely in the bag on the right, thanks to my mom. Thanks, Mom! I started packing, but left the sleeping bag out, so we redid it. 

Tomorrow I get to pack my carry on, eat a bagel, get some traveler's checks, and peace out.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the many compliments and thanks!
    XOXO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace the hell out, yo. I'll be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. since you are not responding to any other venue of communication, i will try here.

    will i get to see you before you leave? say goodbye? partake in froyo? anything of the sort? if not, have a safe trip and an excellent semester. love you brody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Michelle's "last meal" before leaving was chicken wings at Hooters. (It is on the way to the airport.)

    ReplyDelete