What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Tibetan roommate

This is a photo of me and my Tibetan roommate Sonam. She is bomb dot com. She speaks english very well, helped me unpack, and is one of ten children. She has already invited me to come stay at her house one weekend because she considers me family.

We left this morning from Pragpur, an Indian heritage village (more on this to come if I can upload photos) and arrived in Sarah at the College for Higher Tibetan Studies around lunchtime. The drive up was beautiful with the mountain range in the background. A lot of the landscape looked like the Land Before Time movies.

Instead of living at camp Claremont this semester, I feel like I'm going to real camp in the woods. More later, as my phone is about to die.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. "She has already invited me to come stay at her house one weekend because she considers me family." I love this so much.

    ReplyDelete