What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Friday, April 29, 2011

The porch

Liz and I did not have to go out for dinner yesterday. It was wonderful. Probably because all the produce is fresh. However, I've been trying to load the HP 7 trailer for hours and it's yet to work. Tradeoffs.

We have a balcony that runs the entire length of our apartment. It's shaded by trees and you can just see the cricket stadium on the right (the big red thing).

I had a hard time finding oranges today because they're no longer in season. The bananas are becoming less flavorful. It's also strange to see how small the veggies are here compared to the US. Thinking about things like oranges and bananas going out of season and the size of produce makes us realize how much US suppliers have done in the world of genetically modified foods. My grandfather would say this is a good thing. A lot of hippies here think it's terrible. I think the jury is still out.

Also, we live below a monk, and today Liz and I got his business card. Have I mentioned it's weird here?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment