What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The view

Liz is sick (a common theme on this trip), so we've spent the day mostly in our room reading and chatting. I also did laundry. I've given up actually scrubbing anything and just soak it in a bucket with soap and then hang it out to dry. This may not count as actually doing your laundry but I'm fed up with scrubbing and I never feel like I can get anything clean anyway. Plus I'm sick of most of the clothes I brought and am unconcerned with how this treatment may damage them.

This is the view from our window. You can see the temple complex on the left and the whole valley below. On clear days you can see the sand on the shores of the lake, which is about an hour's drive away. Mom, get excited: I like the management here, so I think I'm going to book us a room. They are two very kind men who bring water to our room when we ask and genuinely want to know about our days.

Our actual room is strewn with my clothing and souvenirs. Liz is much cleaner than I am. I will eventually clean up so we can put up an altar under my Buddha thanka (painting which is also a meditational aid). Perhaps now that I've said I'll take a photo of it I'll actually clean.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. Liz is "cleaner" than you??? I cannot believe that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can believe Liz is "Cleaner" than Michelle. I haven't been able to see the floor in her room for years.

    ReplyDelete