What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Friday, April 8, 2011

Puri Photos


Julia, Liz, Nellie, and me on the shores of Puri.
Julia and I put our feet in the Bay of Bengal. Liz and Nellie didn't join because they didn't have sandals, and because some Indians use parts of the beach as a toilet (not the part we were on). The fishermen double as life guards and wear ridiculous hats.


I ate a whole fish for dinner two nights in a row. It had probably been caught that day. As you can see, it was completely covered with peppers, tomatoes, and whole cloves of garlic (I kid you not). Did I mention it was delicious?


The four of us went to the Sun Temple in Konark. This photo doesn't do justice to how big it is. It's huge, and no longer a living temple (i.e. no one prays there). Instead, it's an archeological site, and has a ton of amazingly intricate carvings, including tantric carvings. Also, it was really sunny and hot (major plus. I am wearing a jacket again in McLeod. Le sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment