What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Excitement

Majorly exciting things :

Tomorrow is uprising day, so we got class canceled, and instead will see His Holiness the Dalai Lama (HHDL for future reference) speak and then participate in a march!

Yesterday a Tibetan activist came to speak to our class, and he was super interesting and really motivating to organize. Learning about methods of activism and how Tibetans have been influenced by indian politics and american ideas is way cool.

My pala gave me a newspaper article on the Kalon tripa election. It's in the Times of India. I find exile politics fascinating, and the election fascinating, and am a gov nerd at heart as much as a try to deny it. I think I'm going to do my research project on the elections and the role of the Kalon tripa and maybe messaging the candidates used, because this is the first competitive election ever.

I went to get water in the temple after class today. There was no water but there were a bunch of monks in awesome hats doing a fire puma, with one monk sitting up higher and putting things into a fire and all the other monks chanting.

We're going to a spiritual lake this weekend.

WE BOOKED PLANE FLIGHTS FOR SPRING BREAK!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment