What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Monday, March 21, 2011

Quick updates, and I love my brother

My real brother Derek (not my homestay brother Dawa), who is a freshman in high school, got called up to the varsity baseball team this weekend! He played short and got a hit and I am enormously proud. Derek, I hope mom and dad show this to you, because I love you to the moon and back and I really enjoyed that you think I give good virtual hugs. You do too.

Amala and I brought Khatook, our dog, to the TCV school this afternoon because the dog eats shoes and stairs, but not food. So we gave it away. It was never established if the dog was a boy or a girl because Tibetans get their pronouns mixed up, especially when talking about animals.

It was election day today! The temple served as polling place.

There was also a puja at the temple with more butter sculptures. I will show off my new art knowledge with photos.

My hair has red powder even after I washed it twice. Thanks, Holi. Photos to come.

The train ride back from Mathura can only be described as a tale of anxiety, frustration, bribery, and corruption. At least Liz and I didn't have to physically run on the tracks to catch the train.

I got Amala's life story and spoke to my host sister on the phone.

Full circle, back to my brother.priceless exchange from when my phone actually worked (it currently doesn't make or receive calls...TII):

Me: we're going to see an oracle tomorrow. Do you know what that is?
Derek: kind of.
Me: a guy has a seizure and predicts the future.
Derek: seriously?

Seriously. At 6 am. It was bedtime a long time ago.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment