What is this?

formerly a blog about India.
now technically in the beyond
six months in Oz

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I love dc

Right now my family is sitting watching a Kalon tripa debate on tv. I asked where they were, and pala said Washington. Then I looked closer at the tv, and saw the white house in the background on wide angle shots, and newseum dividers, and realized that I have been in that building. Recently. (If You haven't been, the newseum is worth it, even though it's not part of the Smithsonian and you have to pay. Just go.)

As difficult as the end of last semester was, and as much as I hated juggling work and school at the same time, I love the city and would like to move back to dc at some point. This only confirms that wish, because clearly it's the place to be to do things that make the world go round. I'm also fascinated by politics, even in another language (the only words I'm picking up are "is/are," "it's okay," "I see," and" Tibet." Obama and Russia don't count because they're English.). It's crazy that two weeks ago I was in a room with Lopsan Sengey and asked him a question and shook his hand, and now he's on tv debating. This community is like that, and believe it or not, so is DC, because it's such a small city filled with interesting people and things to do.

Also, I can see blue sky and green grass by the white house, and you probably don't have to wear a hat outside.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment